If you see anything other than stormwater flowing through the storm sewer system, contact Mount Joy Township at 717-367-8917 or email email@example.com to report it.
Stormwater Management Permits
A permit is typically required for all regulated activities, including:
- Land development
- Removal of ground cover, grading, filling, or excavation
- Construction of new or additional impervious surfaces
- Construction of structures
- Installation or modification of stormwater management facilities and conveyances
- Diversion or piping of any watercourse
Permit applications and instructions can be found on our Forms & Applications page. Mount Joy Township uses a three-tiered permit system for stormwater management:
Stormwater Exemption – The cumulative installation of 1,000 sf. of impervious coverage on a lot may be exempt from the requirement to submit a Stormwater Management Site Plan.
Small Project – The cumulative installation of 5,000 sf. of impervious coverage and/or earth disturbance may be eligible for approval as a Small Project, which requires volume control for at least the first inch of rainfall from impervious surfaces.
Site Plan – All regulated activities that do not qualify for an Exemption or Small Project must submit an engineered site plan to show stormwater management.